Who are we?
"When you have a child, it’s not just your child. It’s the child of the community. From birth onward the mother is not the only one who can look after that child. Anybody else can feed and nurture the child."
Walou is a British registered charity (No. 1128951) and a member of the Consortium for Street children. We are dedicated to helping protect and care for children living in precarious situations in North Africa, through rehabilitation, reintegration and outreach programmes. Our current projects are in Morocco.
Every child deserves a family and every child deserves a home.
Investing in the future of street children
Working with the children by:
- Offering an immediate safe haven
- Providing rehabilitation & counselling needs
- Reintegrating them into education & society
- Reuniting them where possible with family members
Working with the community to:
- Raise awareness about the plight of street children
- Implement new approaches of working with street children
- Prevent children from turning to the streets